Sunday, March 18, 2012

Note to NY Beat Writers: Back Off Mo for the Love of God

"I got a question for you guys,'' he said to the crowd of reporters around his locker. "It seems to me like you guys want me to retire. Am I wrong or am I right?''

Here we go again.  When will beat writers ever get it?  I don't understand how breaking a story has become more important than the content within.  I know you have tough jobs.  Sticking microphones in the faces of half naked athletes or guys who would rather just go home to their WAGs can be tough.  I also understand you're a necessary evil.  I want my news, and I want it now damnit.  Therefore - you exist.  Here's a perfect situation where you need to go away.  Its SPRING TRAINING.  Mo has been flawless in every appearance.  Shattering bats and basically keeping Metallica cool and passing their music on to a whole new generation.  Stop asking him about retirement.  I'm pretty sure a guy with ice in his veins is going to tell you at the exact moment when he's ready to hang em up. A moment he has undoubtedly already decided on.  He is way too smart to give you any more information.  Move on to the pitching situation. See how Reggie Jackson is feeling these days.  Dave Robertson definitely has to have something funny to say about stairs and empty boxes.  I'm sure even Yogi's still got a great one liner for you.

Here are the new rules:  Rule #1.  Don't talk to Mo about retirement.  Rule #2.  Dont talk to Mo about retirement.  Rule #3.  If anyone talks to Mo about retirement, please proceed to beat him senseless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment