Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ozzie Guillen Head Scratcher

Ozzie Guillen.  Boy oh Boy.  Barrel full of laughs this guy.  In all honesty I have no idea what he was thinking, and I’m not sure he knows either.  Fidel Castro?  If that’s not the name of your starting left fielder you should probably never mention it in conversation.  Not in America, Not in front of any Kennedys, and definitely not in South Florida.  Unless maybe you work for the CIA, or are blaming him for not getting your hands on the finest cigars, that’s just not a name you bring up.

Such a dopey move.  I thought the stopped cutting people up with chain saws in motel bathrooms ala Scarface a while ago, but with some of the protestors signs I saw out there, Ozzie might want to think about changing his name or laying low for a little while.  Oh wait, he can’t - He’s the coach of a Major League Baseball team.  Sucks to be Ozzie right now.  I’m sure the Cuban American fans, in that 'heart of Miami', shiny new fishbowl are going to be thrilled the day he comes back from his suspension.

My biggest question is: how is Ozzie actually one of the 30 or so old men on earth who have the privilege to toss on a uniform and coach baseball?  Unless this guy is Jekyll and Hyde from the podium to the dugout, I just don’t see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment