Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Is This Quite Possibly the Best Week in Sports?


This has to be arguably one of the best weeks in Sports.  The weeks kicks off with the NCAA National Championship.  If you're like me, you're a couple hundo richer when it's over.   Today you get the NFL Nike Uniform unveiling at 11AM, which is long overdue.  I can’t even remember the last time I owned something by Reebok (Except my mint Eli Manning Super Bowl 42 jersey).  I am actually really pumped for this, and I don’t even know why.  I know, I know, we’re not going to see a uni change as sweet as the above, but we can hope for it.

 Then Thursday through Sunday, you get 4 days of uninterrupted, real time streaming Masters Golf.  Is there any better time in cubicle monkey world than streaming the greatest golf tournament of all time to your desktop and getting away with it?  Everyone knows the guy who actually spent hours figuring out a way to get live shots of Amen Corner while working (hah!) and everyone secretly crowns him monkey of the month for making their lives that much better.  Typical conversation usually goes something like this: "Do I use IE?  How about Chrome?  No?  FireFox is where it’s at?  Should I type HTTPS instead of HTTP?  Do I need to download Quicktime?  How about Flash?  What the hell are Admin rights?" The guy who figures this out is an instant celebrity.

Then it’s Good Friday.  The Yankees get the Rays at 3:10 PM.  Pretty much the perfect post hangover time - right after you wake up still drunk on your day off, hammer down the greasiest seamless gourmet grub of your choice,  and flip on YES with your now filthy, near lifeless paws for 3+ hours of Yankee Baseball while the commercial-less Masters streams to your laptop directly in front of you.

Sunday still counts as the same week to me, and you get to spend all day drinking scotch and crushing beers with your pops and grandpops while you know every single Masters stat because you’ve secretly been watching it all week.  Brilliant.  

So yes - this is absolutely one of the best weeks in sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment