Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ol Ironsides Andy Pettitte Comin Back

4 more days boys...
See that?  You complain in a blog that the Yankees need a spark and then your wish is granted - Andy Pettitte is coming back to pitch on Sunday.  Just four more nights without ol' Andy and the Yankees might get what they need.  Sure he's pushing 40.  Sure he could be the top MLB Candidate for the next Just for Men commercial.  But he can win.  I hope.  I really hope.  Look I'm pretty beat thus far about the performance of this team.  I went on and on and on last night about something missing.  I was about to become the guy from the bleachers in Major League and borderline give up.  I just don't see 90 wins right now, and that's what its going to take.  Especially with that stupid one game wild card play in.  You really want the Yankees to pitch CC in that game and be left with what they got? H to the Ell No.

Here's something that hit me today when I was sitting in my cubicle contemplating nirvana.  Do people actually still fear Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira?  At one point do pitchers actually just know these guys love to make soft outs in difficult situations.  Psychological advantage 101 right there.  I want to know what people think.  But I know no one will leave a comment.  Because no one actually reads this anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment