Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rain Out and Some Thoughts on Beer and Chicken

Well the rain is coming down, and the Yankees will get to leave Boston on the early side as tonight's game has been postponed.  Pretty amusing because it gives the Red Sox no chance to even salvage their dignity in the 3rd game.  Apparently even Mother Nature is against Bobby V. and the Sox.

The above picture has been floating around quite a bit, and it's hysterical.  However, it's really not even a question.  Chicken is delicious.  Especially fried chicken.  If I didn't have chicken I'd probably starve to death.  Beer?  Beer is probably one of the greatest things man has ever invented.  The world could literally be falling apart around me and if I had a beer in my hand, I'd probably just shrug it off.  Beer is definitely what got me through yesterday's first 5 innings before the magic happened.  So, apologies to Bobby V.  I'm going with beer and chicken every day of the week.  No need for a burned out loud mouth coach in my daily life. 

The whole beer and chicken thing is, on a whole, really funny.  Think about it.  People have gone ballistic over a couple of guys drinking beer and eating chicken.  90% of guys do that every single day of the week.  If I eat a meal, there's a high probability there's some chicken involved.  The odds are  similar that my drink of choice is an ice cold brewsky.  If a pitcher wants a cold one after throwing 100+ pitches and working his tail off, that's no problem at all.  Even a good nutritionist will probably tell their clients they can have a 'cheat' meal on a weekly basis.  It's really not a big deal but clearly it has entered the sports news stratosphere and won't be coming down for some time.  Fortunately for NYers, it just happened to go down in Boston.


No comments:

Post a Comment